Save on your medications
GEHA offers discounts on prescriptions to help you save on your medical costs where you can. Depending on the medication, you will pay a set amount as a copay or a percentage of the cost. Generic drugs typically cost less than brand-name medications. Another savings option includes a lesser copay amount by getting a 90-day supply through CVS Caremark Mail Service (not available for the Elevate plan) or retail CVS pharmacies. If you are taking brand-name maintenance medication, you may want to consider GEHA’s High Option medical plan.
For added convenience and management of medications, your GEHA prescription benefits include access to presorted multi-dose packets. Presorted packets can be delivered to your home or, if available, picked up at a retail location.
Searching for more information on your medications? Here are a few helpful resources:
- Medications requiring prior authorization for medical necessity – HDHP, Standard Option and High Option members (PDF)
- Medications requiring prior authorization for medical necessity – Elevate Plus (PDF)
- All CVS resources for members and providers
- HDHP, Standard Option and High Option Preferred Drug List (PDF)
- Elevate Plus Preferred Drug List (PDF)
- Elevate Quick Reference Drug List (PDF)
Each GEHA medical plan offers comprehensive drug coverage.
Medical questions: 800.821.6136
Dental questions: 877.434.2336