Spinach, mushroom, egg and ham cups
Start your mornings with a delicious, satisfying and healthy low-carb breakfast.
2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup baby spinach
1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
8 slices deli ham
½ cup button mushrooms, diced
1/3 cup reduced-fat, shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
Line 8 of the muffin cups with a slice of ham.
- Add the oil to a saute′ pan and heat over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for another 3 minutes. Set the vegetables aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, spinach, mushrooms, pepper and cheese.
- Carefully fill the 8 muffin cups (lined with ham) with the egg mixture until 2/3 full. Try not to let eggs drip on the sides beneath the ham slices.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until the eggs are cooked through. Let cool for 5 minutes. Use a fork to go around the edges and loosen the ham and egg cups, then scoop out each cup.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional values per serving:
|4.5 g||total fat|
|1.5 g||saturated fat|
|0 g||dietary fiber|
Reprinted on January 16, 2020, courtesy of the American Diabetes Association. For more, visit diabetesfoodhub.org.