The impacts of telemedicine
GEHA | September 17, 2018
New technologies are constantly being developed in the health care industry. Telemedicine and online health services are transforming the way consumers receive care. More than half of all U.S. hospitals now offer telemedicine technologies to their patients.
Examples of telemedicine services include:
- Online food, exercise and medication logs that a nurse reviews
- Health-related videos and apps
- Online patient portals to view all of your information from your doctor’s office
- Online prescription refills
- Reminder emails or texts from your doctor’s office
- Virtual doctor’s appointments
Interacting with these services can offer an in-depth view of your health. All GEHA health plan members are eligible for telemedicine with MDLIVE. MDLIVE is designed to handle non-emergency medical conditions and behavioral health issues. It can substitute for a doctor's office, urgent care center or emergency room visit.
To learn more about MDLIVE, view this page.
“Managing Your Health in the Age of Wi-Fi.” Mayo Clinic, Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research, 16 Aug. 2017.
“Telehealth Benefits.” Telehealth Benefits - ATA Main.