GEHA | September 25, 2019
1 1/2 cups low-fat ricotta cheese
6 large eggs
1 tablespoon minced onion
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard (or)
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (lowest sodium available)
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, cooked, drained and squeezed dry
1 teaspoon minced pimiento, drained
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 2-quart casserole or baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the ricotta cheese, eggs, onion, flour, salt, dry mustard and nutmeg.
- Place the spinach in the casserole dish, spreading to cover the bottom. Pour the ricotta mixture over the spinach.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool before slicing. Just before serving, garnish with the pimiento.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional values per serving:
|3.5 g||total fat|
|1.5 g||saturated fat|
|1 g||dietary fiber|
Reprinted on August 22, 2019, courtesy of the American Heart Association. For more, visit heart.org.