Low-sugar snickerdoodle cookies
GEHA | December 14, 2020
1 cup trans-fat-free tub margarine
1/4 cup stevia sugar blend plus 1 tablespoon stevia sugar blend, divided use
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the margarine, ¼ cup stevia sugar blend, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Using the electric mixer on medium speed, gradually beat the flour mixture into the stevia sugar blend mixture just until moistened but no flour is visible.
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining 1 tablespoon stevia sugar blend and the cinnamon.
- Using your hands, shape the dough into 1¼-inch balls to make 24 cookies. Gently roll in the stevia sugar blend cinnamon mixture, coating lightly. Place about 2 inches apart on a large baking sheet or two small baking sheets. With the palm of your hand or a fork, lightly flatten each ball.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the bottoms are browned.
Makes 24 servings. (One cookie equals one serving.)
Nutritional values per serving:
|5 g||total fat|
|1 g||saturated fat|
Reprinted on December 14, 2020, courtesy of the American Heart Association. For more, visit recipes.heart.org.