Creamy tomato fettuccine
GEHA | September 22, 2022
This homemade cheesy tomato sauce is sure to warm you up this fall.
- 8 ounces of dried whole-wheat fettuccine, spaghetti or angel-hair pasta
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 chopped onion (about 1 small)
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced OR 1 teaspoon of minced jarred garlic
- 14.5 ounce can of no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2/3 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped basil OR 1 teaspoon of dried basil, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- Prepare the pasta using the package directions, omitting the salt. Drain well in a colander. Transfer to a large serving bowl. Cover to keep warm. Set aside.
- Lightly spray a medium saucepan with cooking spray. Cook the onion and garlic over medium heat for three minutes, or until the onion is soft, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the tomatoes, ricotta cheese, basil, sugar, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for eight minutes, or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta, tossing to combine.
This recipe serves four.
Nutritional values per serving:
|1 g||total fat|
For more, visit recipes.heart.org.